Second Floor, 160-170 Cannon Street Road, E1 2LH) in the Mandela Room, for a taster tape for a brand new drama series…
• Are you aged between 16 to 21 years old?
• Are you an actor, performer or storyteller?
• Do you have something to say that needs to be heard?
• Do you see issues in your daily life and want them to be represented
or explored in television drama? Or do you just want to make us laugh?
• Do you watch television and are dismayed at how people of your age or
your background are portrayed? Or maybe you don’t see anyone that looks
or sounds like you… Do you want to change that?
• Do you wish that people your age on TV reflected the positive things about being young in the 21st century?
• Do you wish there was more diversity in television drama?
• Do you enjoy entertaining your friends and family and want to share your antics with a wider audience?
• Do you love uploading your own content online? YouTube, Vine, Keek or blogging?
• Are you passionate about telling stories and creating characters?
• Are you a little bit shy about performing but know with the right support that you could shine?
• Or are you a big personality and want a platform to be heard?
If ANY of the above applies to you then we want to meet you…!
At the audition we would like you to:
Read a scene with one of our team (which you can pick up on the day or download beforehand)
We want you to perform a short original piece –
something you feel passionately about, in any form you choose – be it
spoken word, a song, a monologue or simply a story you want to tell.
It’s entirely up to you but remember we’re looking to see what makes you
tick, to gauge your personality and what it is you have to say about
the world today, so make it count.
The auditions will be popular and you may have to wait a while for
your turn, but we will do our best to notify people of what times are
looking busy so that you can choose to arrive at a quieter session. It
will help us if you indicate online when you are likely to arrive but
you will not be held to this time.
Auditioning by video
If you can’t make the open casting dates, you can upload a a video audition to YouTube of Vimeo.
This video MUST be a recording of you reading the audition scene and a short original piece for us as above.
If you are performing the scene with a friend please indicate clearly
who is auditioning! It's okay if both of you are in the scene but we
must have separate solo pieces.
We have to insist upon this as we can only judge fairly if everyone follows the same criteria, thank you.
Upload your video as private and use the form below to send us the URL.
Videos must be received by 9am, Thursday 19th December.
Everyone is welcome
No experience is necessary. We’re looking for personalities and
storytellers as much as actors, so it doesn’t matter if you’ve never
This isn’t about looks, but about your unique perspective on the world.
Don’t be nervous and don’t let a lack of confidence or shyness hold
you back. Some of the best actors out there are really shy people! Even
Al Pacino… Often the shyest and quietest people have the most to say,
and I promise you we will look beyond any nerves – so what have you got
to lose by giving it a try?
Please note the following:
You must be 16 or over and have completed your GCSEs (this is due to
licensing reasons for filming and I’m afraid we cannot be flexible on
You must be fully available for workshops and filming between 6th to
14th January 2014 in the London area (there will be a fee paid for
workshop and filming days for the selected cast, but we don’t have the
budget for providing accommodation).
To download the audition scene and to register and upload your video audition visit: